Bluetooth repeatedly drops connection
29 Apr 2011
Known issues that may possibly cause a Bluetooth connection to repeatedly drop unexpectedly are described in the list below.
- Windows Mobile- Memory corruptions (such as in the Windows registry) caused by using the Microsoft Bluetooth Manager to setup a connection as described in the "Known issues with built-in BT Manager in Windows Mobile" FAQ article.
- Leica Allegro CX or CE - Robotic radio modem expansion pod does not currently have "Sleep Mode" enabled as explained in the note at the bottom of the "Leica robotic radio modem" FAQ article.
- Allegro CX- Not using the custom Socket Drakar Bluetooth stack version 6.3.17 drivers with Carlson Software SurvCE in OS release 1.05 or higher (1.07a is the latest) as explained in the "Bluetooth with Carlson SurvCE" FAQ article.
- Operating beyond the Bluetooth class, signal strength, and/or range as specified for the connecting products.
- Strong interference from some other nearby 2.4Ghz radio source (though Bluetooth provides "frequency-hopping" to try to prevent this disruption as much as possible).