Recommendations for using capacitive touchscreen in cold or wet conditions
15 Jun 2017
A more detailed and graphic article is at the following web page.
Recommendations for using the capacitive touchscreen in cold and/or wet conditions are as follows.
- Load the Wet touch profile using the Touchscreen Profiles utility (even if just in cold conditions). You may then need to perform a Restart for it to fully apply (re-calibrate).
- On Mesa 2, load OS 18323 or higher to allow the touchscreen to automatically re-calibrate whenever you manually wake the unit from Sleep (press the Power button) or enable the touchscreen from being disabled (can be assigned to a button).
- Switch to using a finger or soft-tipped capacitive stylus rather than a fine hard-tipped stylus.
- On Mesa 2, load OS 16230 or higher then run the Touchscreen Profiles utility and load any profile to update.
- On Mesa 2, load BIOS UEFI 22 or higher.
- Keep screen tilted at 30 degrees angle or more (so water droplets will not accumulate and pool on the display).
Those recommendations should be sufficient in the majority of situations. If needing more, some less common suggestions are as follows.
- Purchase and use a more conductive passive or even Active capacitive stylus, such as our Grounded Stylus Kit.
- Apply a hydrophobic coating such as Rain-X.
- Remove screen protector sheet than Restart system. Screen protector should not be required on capacitive touchscreen as much as on resistive touchscreen, but if still desired than ultra-clear or anti-glare reportedly work better than polarized.
Additional information is provided at these previous web pages.