Custom firmware updates for Mesa 2 Windows
16 Jun 2020
Custom firmware (UEFI and ULPMC) updates are available for the Mesa 2. For details regarding changes in each version, see lists at bottom.
WARNING: If you are using a different brand unit, please contact that brand provider for the UEFI installer. This UEFI installer is for the Mesa 2 brand only.
In some cases, the firmware update process can appear to fail. Simply perform a Restart and try again. In the unlikely event that the device is unable to Restart due to a failed or partial firmware update, service may be required at a certified repair center. Proceed at your own risk.
UEFI version 25 or higher must be installed first. To install, click on the file below to download to the Mesa 2, attach wall charger, execute the file, and follow the on-screen instructions.
If wanting to verify if installation was completed successfully, tap on Start > Device Info to see that BIOS Version BYT.5.04.42.0052-026 is now present.
The latest ULPMC version 23 from 16 Jan 2018 may already be installed as can be viewed in Start > Device Info. If not, use the following update utility to install. For this update utility to run fully automated, UEFI 25 or higher must already be installed. To install the ULPMC, click on the file below to download to the Mesa 2, attach wall charger, and execute the file.
If wanting to verify if installation was completed successfully, tap on Start > Device Info to check the ULPMC version 23 is now present.
- Version 26 - Changed I2C and SPI devices such that Windows Update or Device Manager won’t pull down a null driver for these devices. This has previously caused problems, most notably the touchscreen would stop working.
- Version 25 - Adds support for field updates to the ULPMC. Also adds support for an alternative display for potential use on future units in production.
- Version 24 - Adds support for hardware changes on new units in production, such as the alternative expansion Bluegiga WT41u module. Also adds support for generic OS branding.
- Version 22 - Resolves a fairly uncommon potential cause to issues with the touchscreen.
- Version 21 - Adds support for the optional Android 5.1 AOSP operating system, as well as a camera change only on new units in production.
- Version 20 - Provides better support for camera auto-focus (when installed along with OS 17032 or higher) and support for more USB flash drives (specifically secure encrypted models such as from Kanguru).
- Version 23 - Adds support for alternative battery cells to be used in future battery packs due to pending end of production of current cells. ULPMC can now be installed by end users using utility. Incorporates all previous changes.
- Version 17 - View the previous support news article. Required installation at a certified repair center, similar to all previous versions.
- Version 14 - Made I2C communication between Atom and ULPMC more robust. Fixed uncommon issues with the red charging/power LED.
- Version 12 - Fixed known issues that could prevent battery charge cycles. Finished implementing cellular SAR control detection. Made full battery disconnect command more robust.
- Version 11 - Initial release.