Enterprise security integration
17 Jul 2012
Note: This information is provided as a reference and does not imply that Juniper Systems will provide full support for the use of any specific third-party device or software with a Juniper Systems product.
Our rugged handheld computer products can be incorporated into secure enterprise / corporate networks in several ways. When first approaching such integration, you must first determine the extent to which the handheld will be incorporated. Some IT network terms and technologies that may help in that determination are listed below.
- Mobile Device Management (MDM) -http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_device_management
- Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) -http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bring_your_own_device
- Security Suite integration
- Locking device to only allow specific apps and functions to run
- Firewall access
- Virus scan protection
- Network file share access
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) -http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_private_network
- Storage memory or file encryption
Some overall utilities that can be used for integrating our rugged handheld computer products into a secure enterprise system are available from the following companies and described at the following web pages.
- SOTI -http://www.soti.net/solutions/mobile-device-management/
- AirWatch -http://www.air-watch.com/solutions/mobile-device-management
- WaveLink -http://www.wavelink.com/
- Bomgar -http://www.bomgar.com/remotedesktopaccess/multi-platform/windows-mobile.htm
- Symantec (Odyssey) -http://www.symantec.com/mobile-device-security
- McAfee -http://www.mcafee.com/us/products/mobile-security/index.aspx
- Trend Micro -http://www.trendmicro.com/us/enterprise/product-security/mobile-security/index.html
- Zenprise -http://www.zenprise.com/solutions/windows-mobile-management
- MobileIron -http://www.mobileiron.com/en/multi-os-management/windows-phone-management
- Microsoft -http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/systemcenter/bb968863
- Kapersky - http://www.kaspersky.com/mobile_downloads
- 42Gears -http://www.42gears.com/suremdm/
Virus scan and other Internet-protection only:
Memory encryption only:
The custom system processes on the A2 (Archer 2 or Allegro 2) that we recommend should be allowed to run (not black listed) by enterprise security are as follows.
- A2_HotDogToast.exe (pop-up warning if unit exceeds upper temperature specification)
- ScreenGrabber.exe (if wanting to save screen shots)
Similar custom system processes on the Mesa Rugged Notepad are as follows.
- AdobeReaderLE.exe (if needing to be able to view PDF files)