Camera options for the rugged handheld
4 Mar 2011
Note: This information is provided as a reference and does not imply that Juniper Systems will provide full support for the use of any specific third-party device or software with a Juniper Systems product.
A digital camera can be used with our rugged handheld computer products, possibly in place of the built-in camera. Most often the cameras used with our products have integrated GPS for geo tagging, embedding, and/or embossing photos with location information. Below is a list of some of the most common camera options used with our products.
- Allegro 2 and Archer 2 (built-in 5 MP camera with GNSS image geo-tagging (embedded and embossed))
- Mesa Rugged Notepad (built-in 3.2 MP camera with GPS image geo-tagging (embedded and embossed))
- Ricoh Caplio (500SE, G700SE) rugged camera- http://www.ricoh.com/r_dc/lineup.html
- Other non-rugged integrated GPS camera options from Sony, Nikon, and Casio
- Eye-Fi SD or SDHC adapter (works in all compatible cameras, but additional technical setup may be necessary)
For the built-in camera on some of our products, specific information regarding options for programmatically controlling the camera is provided at this web page.