Camera options for the rugged handheld
9 Mar 2020
Note: This information is provided as a reference and does not imply that Juniper Systems will provide full support for the use of any specific third-party device or software with a Juniper Systems product.
Standard (basic) model Mesa 3 and Mesa 2 units do not have the integrated cameras, similar to as shown at the following web page.
Camera will not open on Mesa 2
If you have a Geo or higher model with cameras, when using the Microsoft Camera app in Windows 10, to swap from the default front (selfie) camera to the main back camera, the app must be in Full Screen mode to see the rotate cameras icon. If wanting to disable the front camera so that only the rear camera comes up in the app, you must go to Device Manager > System Devices > Camera Sensor OV2740 on Mesa 3 or Camera Sensor OV2722 on Mesa 2 to select to Disable device.
Archer 3 and Allegro 3 (A3) provide the same camera hardware options as on Archer 2 and Allegro 2 (A2), though the camera apps on A3 provide faster and higher resolution recording methods than on A2.
Original article - 4 Mar 2011
A digital camera can be used with our rugged handheld computer products, possibly in place of the built-in camera. Most often the cameras used with our products have integrated GPS for geo tagging, embedding, and/or embossing photos with location information. Below is a list of some of the most common camera options used with our products.
- Allegro 2 and Archer 2 (built-in 5 MP camera with GNSS image geo-tagging (embedded and embossed))
- Mesa Rugged Notepad (built-in 3.2 MP camera with GPS image geo-tagging (embedded and embossed))
- Ricoh Caplio (500SE, G700SE) rugged camera- http://www.ricoh.com/r_dc/lineup.html
- Other non-rugged integrated GPS camera options from Sony, Nikon, and Casio
- Eye-Fi SD or SDHC adapter (works in all compatible cameras, but additional technical setup may be necessary)
For the built-in camera on some of our products, specific information regarding options for programmatically controlling the camera is provided at this web page.