Getting Started with Archer 3
18 May 2021
This article walks through the set up of the Archer 3.
Install and charge the battery pack as shown in our Quick Start Guide.
- Loosen the four captive screws holding the battery compartment door in place using a #1 Phillips screwdriver.
- Remove the door.
Caution: The Archer 3 is not sealed against water and dust when the battery door is not fully installed.
- If you are using a micro SD card for additional memory, install it before you install the battery pack.
- Place the Li-Ion battery pack in the compartment. Line up the symbols on the battery pack with the symbols inside the case.
- Replace the door and tighten the screws.
- Charge the battery pack for 4–6 hours at room temperature. The red LED on the keyboard will blink when the battery pack is charging.
Note: Software on individual units may vary from this list.
The Archer 3 doesn’t have Google Play. Although Google Play is a convenient and familiar way to download Android apps, it is not the only way. The APK Pure app store has many of the same apps available through the Google Play store. On the home screen of your Archer 3, tap the widget to take you to our website for the link to APK Pure. Open this app store and browse the available apps.
For more information on how to download apps, see Download Apps for Archer 3 and Allegro 3.
Set Up Bluetooth
To connect the Archer 3 and another device with Bluetooth,
- Turn both devices on.
- Place them within 100 feet (30 meters) of each other.
- Make Bluetooth discoverable on both devices. Bluetooth on the Allegro 3 is off by default.
- To activate it, go to Settings > Bluetooth.
- On the Bluetooth settings screen, a list of all Bluetooth devices within range is shown.
- Tap on the name of the device in the list you would like to pair with. A Bluetooth pairing request box is shown. If prompted, enter the PIN or passcode of the device you want to pair with. You should now be paired with the device.
Set Up Wi-Fi
To use Wi-Fi, you need to be in range of a Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n 2.4GHz access point to make a connection.
- Go to Settings > Wi-Fi and tap Off in the upper left-hand corner to toggle the Wi-Fi on.
- The Archer 3 will automatically start scanning the area for available Wi-Fi networks.
- Select the network you want to use and enter the network password (for locked networks). The Archer 3 remembers the Wi-Fi network connections created.
- Wi-Fi can be turned on and off and settings can be managed from the Settings > Wi-Fi tab.
- Tap the network you selected to view information like Link speed.
- Tap and hold to view other options like Modify Network.
Archer 3 Geo models provide position information using an integrated GPS/GNSS receiver. Access the receiver by selecting Settings > Location and turning it on. The settings can be viewed and edited to suit your needs.
For more information see the Archer 3 Owner's Manual.