Mesa 3 Android 9.0 OS Build Number 1.0.1-20230228
20 Mar 2023
Mesa 3 Android 9.0 OS (operating system) build number 1.0.1-20230228 is now available. For detailed information on the changes, review the release notes and see Mesa 3 Battery Information. Google no longer provides security updates for Android 9. Therefore, Juniper Systems highly recommends upgrading all Mesa 3 Android units to Android 11, which already has the comparable Android 9 updates.
Note: An Android 9 device must be running build number 1.0.1-20220312 or later before you can upgrade the device to Android 11.
To update the Android 9 operating system to the latest build,
- Plug the device into the charger and connect to the internet.
- If the update notification appears, tap Update.
If the notification doesn't appear, open the operating system and go to Settings > System > Advanced > System update > Check for update.
The system will download the update the files, verify the operating system, and reboot the device.
- After the reboot is complete, check for further notifications by dragging your finger down from the top of the screen.
- If the EC Firmware update notification appears, tap Update.
- Wait for the red LED to blink, indicating that the update is complete.
- To ensure that the updates were installed, go to Settings > About tablet.
- Verify that the build number is 1.0.1-20230228 and that you can see the current battery condition.
- Update and recover battery packs as needed.