Mesa 3 Windows firmware updates
4 Mar 2021
Firmware updates (BIOS UEFI and EC) are available for Mesa 3 Windows model units. For details regarding changes in each version, see the release notes documents.
WARNING: The installer below is for Mesa 3 Windows model units and some OEM brand models that do not have pre-installed firmware customizations. If a different brand appears during boot on the unit, please contact that brand partner to obtain the custom firmware update. If you are unsure where to obtain the custom firmware for your brand and model device, please contact email@example.com for assistance. Also, you must follow the instructions below exactly as written. Failure to follow these steps could result in the unit needing to be shipped to a certified repair center for servicing.
- Attach a stable external power source (such as the 30W wall charger that was provided with the unit).
- Download and copy the above M3Updater_UEFI_135_EC_116.exe file to the Mesa 3 Windows unit.
- Remove any external storage device (USB media) that you may have attached to the Mesa 3 or dock.
- Save and close any open files and running programs. Backup any critical data from the Mesa 3 before proceeding as a precaution.
- Run the M3Updater_UEFI_135_EC_116.exe file on the Mesa 3. When a black terminal (command prompt) window appears, you may need to press the Return keypad button or an on-screen keyboard button to continue.
- Wait while the app starts the update process which might involve multiple Restarts (or reboots). After each Restart the update app will be automatically launched.
Note: If you have a pin or password set up, you may need to enter it after each Restart and wait 10-15 seconds to continue.
- It should take up to 20 minutes to update the firmware from an earlier version. When the app stops performing updates, follow the on-screen prompts.
- Verify that the firmware has been updated successfully by tapping on the Windows (Start) button > Device Info to check that the BIOS Version (UEFI) is now 1.35 as well as the Embedded Controller (EC) version is now 1.16 in that window.