Mesa 3 Windows custom firmware updates
4 Sep 2020
Custom BIOS firmware (UEFI and EC) updates are available for Mesa 3 Windows model units. For details regarding changes in each version, see the release notes documents.
WARNING: If you are using a different OEM brand unit, please contact that brand provider for the firmware update installer. The installer below is for the Mesa 3 brand only. Also, you must follow the instructions below exactly as written. Failure to follow these steps could result in the unit needing to be shipped to a certified repair center for servicing.
- Attach a stable external power source (such as the 30W wall charger that was provided with the unit).
- Download and copy the above M3Updater_UEFI_133_EC_116.exe file to the Mesa 3 Windows unit.
- Remove any external storage device (USB media) that you may have attached to the Mesa 3 or dock.
- Save and close any open files and running programs. Backup any critical data from the Mesa 3 before proceeding as a precaution.
- Run the M3Updater_UEFI_133_EC_116.exe file on the Mesa 3. When a black terminal (command prompt) window appears, you may need to press the Return keypad button or an on-screen keyboard button to continue.
- Wait while the app starts the update process which might involve multiple Restarts (or reboots). After each Restart the update app will be automatically launched.
Note: If you have a pin or password set up, you may need to enter it after each Restart and wait 10-15 seconds to continue.
- It should take up to 20 minutes to update the firmware from an earlier version. When the app stops performing updates, follow the on-screen prompts.
- Verify that the firmware has been updated successfully by tapping on the Windows (Start) button > Device Info to check that the BIOS Version (UEFI) is now 1.33 as well as the Embedded Controller (EC) version is now 1.16 in that window.