2 - Mesa battery firmware update 2
26 Aug 2013
The Battery Firmware Update allows the Mesa to better track the percent charge remaining (time to empty / full) of the inserted battery pack(s) over an extensive period of time. It may also fix and prevent a Mesa from not detecting / charging an inserted battery pack (most often just a second battery, or in other words a battery in the top slot 2). This can be installed again as needed to fix such issues. See below for install instructions.
WARNING: If a previous version has not been installed, then this installer may take up to 20-30 minutes to complete. The Mesa needs to remain attached to a stable power source (recommended to use an Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS)) for the duration of the install process. Power failure during install may require that the unit be submitted to a repair center for servicing.
Install Instructions -
- Click on the link below to download.
- Save the “Mesa-Battery-Update-2.CAB” file (do not extract) to a location on your desktop PC.
- Copy the file to a location on the Mesa. Attach the Mesa unit to a stable power source (such as a UPS).
- Remove both battery packs from the Mesa.
- Locate the file in File Explorer on the Mesa.
- Tap on the file to execute the install (which will automatically reset the unit).
- Wait for the installer to complete performing the update.
- Suspend the unit.
- Install two battery packs with the wall charger still inserted.
- Wait for the Mesa red power/charge LED to start flashing (this should take 15 to 30 seconds). This confirms the update was successful. For further validation, tap on Start > Settings > System > System Information > System ID, and confirm that the "Pic Version" is now 3.2.5.