Power Fault patch utility
1 Dec 2012
This utility improves battery behavior on the Allegro MX, such as preventing Power Fault messages and conditions as described in the "Power Fault state" knowledge base article. It also potentially prevents premature low battery warning messages, particularly when using an expansion pod or an external device that is being powered by the Allegro.
The file below can be downloaded (without extracting), copied to, and then run from File Explorer directly on an Allegro MX Field PC.
This patch implements the following changes.
- "New Battery Detected" window improved, particularly for locked-down (KIOSK type) apps
- Prevents premature low battery warning messages, particularly with expansion pod
- Power Fault error message has been removed
- Peripheral functions are automatically re-enabled after manually resuming from when the system has auto-suspended due to a Power Fault (significant system power surge / voltage sag)
- Display backlight turns on in several rapid low voltage incremental steps, preventing potential current spikes
If a unit still seems to auto-suspend while in use (when battery is good) even with the above patch installed, then the previous (original) patch version 1 below may be beneficial. It provides most of the above as well as the following.
- Audio amplifier turns on and stays on continuously, preventing potential current spikes with fairly insignificant additional current draw