Cellular Modem Firmware Load Process
13 Jan 2023
After inserting a SIM card, wait five minutes to allow the cellular modem to detect the SIM card and load the carrier-specific firmware. While the firmware loads, the cellular modem temporarily disappears from network and internet connections.
To verify the cellular connection,
- Open Windows Settings.
- Tap Network & internet.
If the cellular modem doesn't connect after five minutes,
- Tap Windows Start and then tap Power . From the menu, tap Shut down. Wait for the display and red LED light to turn off.
- Power on the device. Wait for Windows to fully load.
- Tap Windows Start and then tap Power . From the menu, tap Restart. Wait for the firmware to install. It can take up to five minutes.
If the cellular modem is still missing,
- Long tap Windows Start .
- Tap Device Manager.
- Expand Universal serial bus controllers.
- Long tap the disabled USB composite device.
- Tap Enable device
If you need help troubleshooting, contact email@example.com.