Uinta Android Features
15 Feb 2022
Uinta Android is a new software release that includes most of the features available in Uinta Windows. This article provides feature-related information about Uinta Android. For technical support information, see the Uinta Knowledge Base.
New Features and Enhancements
Features not yet available in Android version
Note: Conditional logic can be created in Windows and synchronized to Android using a shared cloud project.
Note: .mbtiles can be imported into Android, but cannot be created in Android.
Some known issues with Uinta Android:
- Shared fields
- The same field cannot be reused on the same form; it must be newly created again.
- You can share a field using the “use existing” feature if it is on a separate record type.
- Deleting all records
- Deletion may also be slow if several records are being deleted.
- Large lines/polygons
- Collecting over 1000 points in a line or area can cause the application to behave slowly. If you are using auto GPS capture, try to reduce the frequency of point capture to only what is needed.
- Large data sets
- Importing large data sets (10,000+ features/records) into a cloud project is not currently recommended.
- Future improvements to the software will address the slowness of synchronization of large data sets. Using offline reference layers such as mbtiles is preferred.
Note: This issue will be addressed in a future version. Please contact Juniper Systems if you need help supporting large data sets.