Tether a Mesa 3 Android to a Windows PC
23 Nov 2021
To transfer files from the Mesa 3 Android to a PC, or share the internet connection from a PC, tether the unit to a PC. To tether a Mesa 3 Android to a Windows PC:
Use a USB-C cable to connect the Mesa 3 Android to a PC.
On the Mesa 3 Android, swipe down from the top of the screen to view the notifications.
Tap the Android System section twice to open the USB Preferences screen.
Note: If there is no notification for Android System, follow the instructions to enable the USB-C port.
In the USB Preferences screen, select an option:
- File Transfer: Move system files from either the internal storage or the SD card to the PC. Selecting this option will prompt you to locate the files and move them to the PC.
- USB tethering: Share the internet connection from the PC with the other device.
- Open the Settings app.
- Open About tablet.
- Tap the build number SEVEN times.
The message "You are now a developer" appears.
- Tap the back arrow to return to Settings.
- Tap System > Advanced > Developer Options.
- Tap Default USB configuration. Scroll or search to locate default USB configuration.
- Select File transfer.
- (optional) Tap the back arrow to exit.
- (optional) Turn off developer options using the toggle switch at the top of the screen.
Resume from step 3 above.