Apple iPhone and iPad apps for the Geode GNS2
15 Oct 2021
If you are an iOS app developer, please see the following web page for details.
Many iOS apps have already been or are already in the process of being specifically updated for use with the Geode GNS2. Apps that have already been added to and approved as part of our Apple-compatibility Product Plan for the Geode GNS2 include the following.
- Effigis OnPOZ Collect version 1.6 and later
- ESRI ArcGIS Field Maps version 20.1.0 and later
- ESRI Collector for ArcGIS (Classic) version 20.1.0 and later
- ESRI Survey123 for ArcGIS version 3.7.56 and later
- ESRI ArcGIS QuickCapture version 1.3.121 and later
- ESRI AppStudio Player for ArcGIS version 4.1.27 and later
- Geode Connect version 1.00 and later (setup utility and NTRIP client only, not for general data collection)
- Reinke RDP Field Survey version 1.0 and later
- ProStar PointMan version 3.24 and later
- vGIS Utilities version 2.19.0 and later
- vGIS HoloLens Bridge version 1.0.0 and later
- Floria version 3.6.4031 and later
- iCMTGIS PRO version 1.1.4 and later
- ArgisLens version 2.5.4 and later
- Evatro FieldPie version 1.4.3 and later
- Evatro VPie version 1.4 and later
- TopoLynx TopoExpress version 1.2 (Build 6.14) and later
- Blue Marble Geographics - Global Mapper Mobile version 2.1.7 and later
- Ecobot version 3.2 and later
- DroneUp HubOps version 1.1 and later
Original article from 25 Oct 2019:
See the following web page for a more graphic version of this article.
As soon as you pair the Geode GNS2 to an iPhone or iPad using Bluetooth, all apps that use location information will automatically start using the Geode GNS2 (when turned on and in range) instead. This even includes our own Geode Connect for iOS that is available from the App Store, which makes it more of a periphery utility, not even being required to be installed when using other apps. Geode Connect is still useful such as if needing to change settings in the Geode, or for use as an NTRIP client.
Optionally, apps can be specifically updated to directly interface with the Geode, such as for being able to display more detailed accuracy information. For app developers, the process for doing this is in the following web document.