Connecting iPhone and iPad apps to the Geode GNS2
24 Mar 2020
If you are an iOS app developer, please see the following web page for details.
Many iOS apps have already been or are already in the process of being specifically updated for use with the Geode GNS2. Apps that have already been added to and approved as part of our Apple-compatibility Product Plan for the Geode GNS2 include the following.
- ESRI Collector for ArcGIS version 20.1.0 and later
- ESRI Survey123 for ArcGIS version 3.7.56 and later
- ESRI ArcGIS QuickCapture version 1.3.121 and later
- ESRI AppStudio Player for ArcGIS version 4.1.27 and later
- Geode Connect version 1.00 and later (setup utility and NTRIP client only, not for general data collection)
- ProStar PointMan version 3.24 and later
- vGIS Utilities version 2.19.0 and later
- Floria version 3.6.4031 (planned) and later
- iCMTGIS PRO version 1.1.4 and later
- ArgisLens version 2.5.4 and later
- Evatro FieldPie version 1.4.3 and later
Original article - 25 Oct 2019
See the following web page for a more graphic version of this article.
As soon as you pair the Geode GNS2 to an iPhone or iPad using Bluetooth, all apps that use location information will automatically start using the Geode GNS2 (when turned on and in range) instead. This even includes our own Geode Connect for iOS that is available from the App Store, which makes it more of a periphery utility, not even being required to be installed when using other apps. Geode Connect is still useful such as if needing to change settings in the Geode, or for use as an NTRIP client.
Optionally, apps can be specifically updated to directly interface with the Geode, such as for being able to display more detailed accuracy information. For app developers, the process for doing this is in the following web document.