Cedar device not showing in File Explorer
10 Jun 2019
On some PC's you may not see the Cedar device in File Explorer when it is connected to a PC. Here are a few things to try.
- Once the Device is connected to the PC, swipe from the top down to get to the quick settings options.
- Locate the USB options, and tap to open the options. Note: On some devices this may take you to the developer options on the device.
- Tap on the "USB Configuration" and select the "MTP" or File Transfer option.
- Go to the PC, and see if you can browse the contents of the device.
Assigning the correct drivers:
- Go to Device Manager on the PC.
- Locate where the device is showing up. (Usually indicated by a yellow triangle with an exclamation point next to it.)
- Right-click on the device with the yellow triangle, and select Properties > Select Driver tab.
- Select Update Driver.
- Select to Browse my computer.
- Select to Let me pick from a list.
- Select the Android Phone Select MTP USB Device.
Let the drivers load and check to see if you can now browse the contents of the device.