Cedar device not showing in File Explorer
10 Jun 2019
On some PCs, you may not see the Cedar device in File Explorer when it is connected to the PC. Here are a few things to try.
- Once the Device is connected to the PC, swipe from the top down to get to the quick settings options.
- Locate the USB options, and tap to open the options. Note: On some devices this may take you to the developer options on the device.
- Tap on the "USB Configuration" and select the "MTP" or File Transfer option.
- Go to the PC, and see if you can browse the contents of the device.
Assigning the correct drivers:
- Go to Device Manager on the PC.
- Locate where the device is showing up. (Usually indicated by a yellow triangle with an exclamation point next to it.)
- Right-click on the device with the yellow triangle, and select Properties > Select Driver tab.
- Select Update Driver.
- Select Browse my computer.
- Select Let me pick from a list.
- Select the Android Phone Select MTP USB Device.
Let the drivers load and check to see if you can now browse the contents of the device.
File Folder Appearing as Blank Page
When a Cedar device is connected to a PC via USB cable, sometimes a file folder appears as a blank page icon rather than a folder icon. This prevents you from copying files out of the folder. If this happens, one option is to copy the file(s) into a different folder, such as the Documents folder.
To do this:
- Locate the file on the Cedar unit.
- Tap and hold the file.
- Tap the 3 dots and select Copy to….
- Select the folder you want to copy the file into.
- After the file is moved, connect the Cedar to the PC. Now you can re-arrange the file further if you want to.
Another option is to apply a patch. Note: This patch is only for the CT8 and does not apply to other Cedar models.
To do this:
- Download the following ZIP file: update_CT8_20210325.zip
- Copy the ZIP file to a SD card and insert the SD card into the CT8 tablet.
- Ensure the CT8 is off.
- Hold the Power, Volume +, and Volume - buttons at the same time. Hold the buttons for 5 seconds or until the device vibrates.
- Release the buttons. The Android logo and the words "No command" should appear. If the Android logo doesn’t appear, repeat steps 3-5.
- Hold the Power button while pressing and releasing the Volume + button. This opens the Android Recovery Menu.
- Using the Volume - button, navigate to Apply Update from SD card.
- Using the Power button, select Apply Update from SD card.
- Select OK to apply the update.