Mesa 2 Android OS update 18061
19 Mar 2018
Click on the file below to download update 18061 of the Android 5.1.1 AOSP operating system for specific Mesa 2 units. This update can only be installed on units which already have Android. This update mainly fixes an intermittent issue with camera initialization on first boot. For further details on changes in the update, please see the release notes document.
The ZIP archive file above contains the Over-The-Air (OTA) update files needed to update an existing Mesa 2 Android unit with preserving installed apps and data. To update a unit, follow these instructions.
- Obtain a microSD card, formatted FAT32, ensure that at least 600MB are available.
- Ensure that the unit has AC power plugged in, and battery is >25% charged.
- Copy the ZIP archive file (do not extract) to the microSD card.
- Power down the Mesa 2, remove the battery, insert the microSD card, replace the battery and cover.
- Power on the device while pressing the “<” key.
- When the Bootloader screen is present and the bottom line states, “FASTBOOT CMD WAITING…”, press the “<” and/or “>” key until you see “Recovery Mode” in the top of the screen, and press the power button.
- The unit will reboot into “Recovery Mode”. Use the “<” key to select “Apply update from external SD Card”, press power button to select.
- Then use the “<” and “>” to select the ZIP file, then press the power button.
- When loading of the update is complete, the user will again be at the “Recovery Mode” screen, with “Reboot the device” selected. Press the power button again to complete the update.
- The update will continue with several reboots until complete.
- When complete, verify the OS update in Settings -> About Tablet.
BIOS A-006 which resolved a fairly uncommon potential cause to issues with the touchscreen.