Microsoft .NET Compact Framework 2.0 will not install properly
11 Jun 2007
For information about what version of the Microsoft .NET Compact Framework should be used with each Juniper Systems product, please visit our Software Downloads website.
Installing Microsoft .NET Compact Framework 2.0 SP2
The install program for the Microsoft .NET Compact Framework 2.0 SP2 does not recognize the Allegro CX Field PC as the correct type of device, and therefore does not install the correct version of the .NET Compact Framework. To install the .NET Compact Framework 2.0 SP2 onto the Allegro CX Field PC, please follow the steps below.
- Remove any other version of the .NET CF 2.0 from the Allegro CX by tapping on Start > Settings > Control Panel > Remove Programs.
- Copy the "NETCFv2.wce4.ARMV4.cab" file to any location on the Allegro CX using Microsoft ActiveSync or any other file transfer method.
- Double-tap on this file located on the Allegro to be begin the install.
- Tap OK to install this program to the default installation directory.
- Once the install is complete, confirm that "Microsoft .NET CF 2.0" is in the list of installed programs under Start > Settings > Control Panel > Remove Programs.
- Close the Remove Programs and Control Panel windows, and then save the system by tapping on Start > Programs > Utilities > Save System.
Microsoft Visual Studio 2005
For help with building a project in Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 to work with the Allegro CX Field PC (running Microsoft Windows CE 4.2), please visit our "Microsoft Visual Studio Compatibility" FAQ website.