Barcode Connector and drivers for Mesa tablets
3 Jan 2023
This article provides both the drivers and the connector (wedge) software to use with the integrated barcode scanner on the Mesa tablets with Windows. Android model units have this included in the operating system.
Download and run both of the following installer files on the Mesa. Note: Any Mesa 2 unit must have cumulative patch 16230 or higher installed.
Once both installations are complete, locate and run the Barcode Connector (wedge) utility from the desktop shortcut or from the Start menu. You can view the version of this utility under Barcode Connector > Menu > About > Barcode Connector Version, and the version of scan engine drivers under Start > Settings > Apps > Zebra CoreScanner Driver (64bit) when you tap on it.
Jan 2023 - Version 11 (v 184.108.40.20655)
- Added feature to automatically detect and (as-needed) update the scan engine and decoder firmware.
June 2022 - Version 10 (v 220.127.116.1123)
- Added support for Mesa Pro
- Added support for the PL5000 decoder
- Added new symbologies: DotCode, Han Xin, Grid Matrix, MailMark
- Fixed an issue with Windows 11 On-Screen Keyboard holding the clipboard and preventing the copy and paste method from working
Jul 2020 - Version 09 (v 18.104.22.16863)
- Fixed a suspend/resume bug where the suspend thread would sometimes finish after the resume thread
- Compiled against Zebra SDK 3.05.0003
Mar 2020 - Version 08 (22.214.171.12438)
- Modification to improve installation in manufacturing
- Compiled against Zebra SDK 3.04.0011
Aug 2019 - Version 07 (126.96.36.19913)
- Updated to Zebra SDK 3.04.002
- Added support for the Mesa 3 Windows platform
- Added support for more expansion packs
- Added support for multiple users
- Fixed a bug with one slider going off the right edge of the screen
Aug 2018 - Version 06 (1.1.7)
- Changed error message that appears if more than one user account logs in to Windows and attempts to have Barcode Connector open.
Mar 2018 - Version 05 (1.1.5)
- Improved user interface which also loads faster
- Added support for potential future barcode hardware variations
- Added imager type to the info page
- Added User Interface option for Wedge Type
- Fixed issue when Mesa 2 is asleep and transitions to hibernate causing a hang on resume
- Fixed issue when a USB barcode scanner is already plugged in when you launch Barcode Connector
- Fixed regional decimal separator issue
Jun 2017 - Version 04 (1.0.8)
- Fixed a bug with "use individual keystrokes"
- Keys were mapped incorrectly except for numbers and spaces
May 2017 - Version 03
- Removed UNICODE flag in the wedging data. This change allows the wedge to work with Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) apps.
Oct 2016 - Version 01
- Added translations
- Fixed board rev bug
- Changed scan thread to work with the trigger