Internal GNSS receiver configuration tool
5 Jan 2018
The Geode Connect 1.2.2 (which replaces 1.2.1) for full Windows utility can be used to connect the Geode, or can be used to apply better optimized settings to the integrated uBlox GNSS receiver in the Mesa 3 and Mesa 2 with Windows. Save and then run the below file on your full Microsoft Windows computer such as the Mesa. This requires the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 be installed first (if not already). See the release notes document for further information on this version.
Instructions for configuring built-in GNSS in Mesa for better performance
The original default settings for the built-in u-Blox GNSS receiver in the Mesa 3 and Mesa 2 were optimized for vehicle navigation rather than pedestrian tracking. To use Geode Connect (1.2.0 or higher) to apply better settings for pedestrian tracking, follow these steps.
- Download the above file to your Mesa (or copy it to the Mesa such as using a thumb drive), and then double-tap on the file. Follow the on-screen steps to install.
- At the “Connect Device” screen select the “Internal Receiver…”
- Once connected, tap on the bottom-right round Settings (gear) icon > Advanced bar.
- Once you are at the “Configure Internal GNSS” screen looking at the advanced settings, scroll to the very bottom and tap on the “Reset Receiver” button.
- At the “Factory Reset” warning message, tap on the “Restore Defaults” button.
After this is complete, if you have previously applied other settings using u-Center, you may need to apply those settings again such as those described at this web page.