USB/ Power Dock connection issues
2 Oct 2006
If an Allegro Field PC does not connect to Microsoft ActiveSync when you drop it into the USB/Power Dock (not supported by the CE/DOS or DOS only model), or the ActiveSync connection while in the dock drops after a few minutes, please try the solutions below.
Temporarily Change Connection Settings
Try temporarily changing the connection settings on the Allegro by following these steps:
- Remove the Allegro from the USB/Power Dock.
- Tap on Start > Settings > Control Panel.
- If you have an Allegro CE, double-tap on the Communications icon and then the PC Connection tab. If you have an Allegro CX, double-tap on the PC Connection icon.
- Tap on the Change button in the PC Connection Properties window.
- Select "COM1 @ 115K baud" from the drop-down box, and then tap OK.
- Again tap the Change button, select USB from the drop-down box, and tap OK.
- Tap OK again to close the PC Connection Properties window.
- Close out of the Control Panel window, and then place the Allegro into the USB/Power Dock.
Charging while in the docking station
Try disconnecting the wall charger from the back of the dock station and plug it directly into the Field PC. Place the Field PC in the dock or connect the USB cable directly to the Field PC to see if the connection is more stable. Or try attaching a different/newer wall charger to this USB/Power Dock. Some older wall chargers may develop electrical noise over time (possibly from damage due to voltage spikes on the electric grid and other reasons which may justify the use of a surge protector) which on older docks can possibly cause interference on the USB over the shared ground line. An enhancement to newer docks was to further separate the ground lines so older noisy wall chargers could not as easily interfere with the USB connection, as mentioned at:
Other Common Issues
If the Allegro CE or CX still does not connect to Microsoft ActiveSync, please try the solutions described on our website at the following links:
Firewall and Virus Scan Programs:
Other common ActiveSync connection issues: