Remove Power and Restore System
19 Aug 2008
Removing all power sources (battery, wall charger, etc.) from the Field PC for more than 15 minutes will cause all internal hardware (including the internal backup capacitor (super-cap)) and attached devices that are being powered by the Field PC to be reset. The operating system software will also be restored from the internal flash memory hard drive.
Note: On newer Field PC models, pressing and holding the Power (On/Off) button for 20 seconds can perform a similar hardware reset to removing the battery for more than 15 minutes, though trying both if one does not work could still possibly help.
To remove all power from your Field PC, complete the following steps:
- Power down (or suspend) the Field PC (if possible).
- Detach the Field PC from any external power source (wall charger, dock).
- Remove the main battery pack from the Field PC.
- Wait at least 30 minutes.
- Install the battery pack into the Field PC.
- Plug the Field PC into the external wall charger.
- Charge the battery in the Field PC for at least five minutes.
- Press the Power Button (On/Off key) to turn on your Field PC (if it has not already turned on).
For further troubleshooting of issues with a missing C_Drive, "No Bootable Sources Found", or "Can`t boot- no valid nk.bin" errors on an older Allegro Field PC, proceed to the Load OS from Card and Restore Hard Drive FAQ webpage.